Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Christ Within

My 16yr. old daughter has a habit of coming home way way late from her nights out. This used to freak me out to no end. I felt out of control, frightened, disrespected and would become nearly unhinged with worry. When it kept happening over and over, I realized there must be some healing message being shown me that I wasn't seeing. I asked for vision, I asked and I received.



Our lives are the reflections of our thoughts. When I looked in the mirror of my life, I saw so much old hurts and unforgiveness; all - or mostly all - directed towards me. I was not practicing what I was preaching which was unity and the oneness of humanity. Therefore, if I saw mistakes in my daughter humility demands that I first had to have seen them in me. In fact, that's the only place they resided. She became my teacher because most of my projections were directed to her.



All of the so-called negative experiences I partook of in my teen years were being karmically burned off and shown to me. After all, as you sow so you shall reap. Not punishment for sure, but universal law in action. I had never taken the time to forgive myself for my mistakes and yet I was quick to pounce on my girl for hers. Trying in some twisted retroactive way to "atone" for my own perceived sins.



Yet, isn't that what Jesus came to do for me? To atone for everything past, present and future where I may have missed the mark? Because that's what "sin" actually is - missing the mark. So who was I to be feeling this charge of guilt and bearing witness to it's presence by taking it out on her? Like a confused actor, I was playing the wrong role!



It took prayer, meditation and listening to my guides to get holy perspective on this situation. If I took the path of the "wronged" parent and yelled and screamed and punished, I would in essence be yelling, screaming and punishing myself. More guilt. But, knowing now that I asked for this child before my current incarnation on earth, I had to make the choice of using experiences with her to either heal or destroy. I chose to heal.



If Christ dwells within me, and if I proclaim to be one with Him, how then could I possibly NOT see the Christ in her? This is awakening to truth. And would I yell, scream and punish the Christ? The crucifiction has already taken place....I'll not journey to the cross again. What I will do, is trust that universe is all good, that there is no evil, that all is perfection and most importantly that these truths have indeed set me free.



Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Powered By Blogger